HMS Queen Elizabeth - Aircraft Carrier - Finished


Finally finished - sort of. The ship model is complete and all the details (apart from the DS30M Mk.2 30 mm guns) are done but I've not actually stuck the aircraft and deck vehicles on yet. I want to get some information first on where they would be placed. All the photos I have seen so far have only a handful of aircraft for tests so they don't give much clue about how it would look with a more crowded deck.








As I mentioned in a previous post, my deck markings and the patches of darker and bluer grey are based on an aerial photo on savetheroyalnavy.org the picture above is an attempt to replicate the arrangement of aircraft and vehicles in that photo






The transfers I made for the ship's badge looked too blurry under magnification so I painted over them, almost up to the edges of each main colour, with a very fine brush and the aid of a stereoscopic microscope. By contrast, the monitor screens came out very well and all I did there after applying the transfers to a sheet of plasticard, was cut them out, paint the edges and glue them in place. I gave all the screens and the large windows of the flying control a coat of gloss varnish.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

HMS Warspite - Navis / Neptun Models and Memorabilia.

HMS Queen Elizabeth - Aircraft Carrier - Part 3: transfers and flight deck